ROASTED CARROT SOUP – Can Freeze
- 3 cups of carrots, peeled and cut into ½ pieces
- 2 cups of parsnips, peeled and cut into ½ pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into big pieces
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups of veggie broth
- 1 tsp each: turmeric, cumin, chili powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss veggies in olive oil and add spices and salt and pepper.
- Spread onto baking sheet lined with tin foil and bake for 35 minutes (stir once in a while).
- Let cool a little and add veggies to blender. Add veggie broth ¼ cup at a time until it is the consistency you like. Reheat for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add one large chopped Sweet Potato and reduce the carrots and parsnips to 1 C each.
- Use an immersion blender instead of a blender.
- Add a tsp of curry powder to veggies before cooking and remove chili powder.
- Add a sliced/peeled apple to veggies last 10 minutes of cooking time.
- 2 Tbsp of Vegan butter or Olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 cups of mushrooms – any kind, a mix is good
- 4 cups of mushroom or veggie broth
- ½ cup of white wine or sherry
- 1 tsp each: thyme and tarragon and mustard
- Salt & pepper
- Heat up butter/oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes. Add spices and mustard and cook for a minute or two.
- Add stock and wine, salt & pepper.
- Bring to a boil and the lower heat to medium low and cook for about 25 minutes.
- Let cool slightly. Take a bit of the onion/mushrooms out of the pan. Use an immersion blender and blend the rest. Add broth or water if it gets too thick. Add back in the mushroom/onions that you took out. Serve with Vegan sour cream.