These recipes will keep dinner fast, fresh and easy!
- 2-3 ripe avocados
- 2 servings of pasta (whole wheat works great)
- 1/3 cup of lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped roughly
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Handful of basil chopped or 1 Tbsp. of pesto
- Salt and pepper
- Grated Vegan parmesan or nutritional yeast (optional)
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- While pasta is cooking, scoop out avocados and put in blender with lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper and basil. Blend until creamy.
- Drain pasta and toss with avocado mixture. Top with parmesan or nutritional yeast if using.
- Add cooked veggies – peppers, mushrooms, etc.
- Make noodles from zucchini instead of using pasta.
- 1 large whole wheat wrap
- 1 cup of fresh chopped vegetables: mushrooms, onions, peppers, zucchini, broccoli, etc.
- ¼ cup of tomato sauce or you can replace with olive oil or pesto
- ¼ cup Vegan mozzarella or cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp of dried herbs: oregano, basil, thyme, etc.
- Spread the wrap with tomato sauce, pesto or olive oil and place vegetables on top. Add garlic and herbs and cover with cheese.
- Place wrap on a baking tray or pizza tray and bake at 375 for about 7-8 minutes until golden brown.
STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS
- 2 large Portobello mushrooms, stems and gills removed
- ½ cup each: black beans, frozen organic corn and chopped tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp each: ground cumin and garlic powderr
- ½ cup Vegan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the beans, corn and tomatoes with olive oil and spices, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff the mushrooms with the mixture.
- Put half of cheese in each mushroom.
- Put in oven and cook for about 15-20 minutes.