Whether you serve these as part of your Thanksgiving desserts, or just snack on them while preparing your dinner, these easy plant based cookies taste amazing with the addition of Blessed Protein Choc Coconut Protein Powder.
Blessed Protein Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies (makes about 30 cookies)
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup Blessed Protein Choc Coconut Powder
- 1/2 tsp each: baking soda, baking powder and salt
- 1 C each: sugar and unsweetened nut milk
- 2 Tbsp each: coconut flakes and ground flaxseeds
- 2/3 cup canola oil (or substitute with applesauce)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a medium bowl mix oats, flour, Blessed Protein powder, baking soda, baking powder, coconut and salt. Set aside.
- Place sugar, nut milk and flax seeds in a bowl and mix with a hand mixer or use a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat on low speed until smooth. Add the applesauce or oil and vanilla and mix until combined. Add the flour mixture and stir by hand until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and stir until chips are evenly distributed.
- Using a tablespoon scoop and place dough onto baking sheets, spacing about 2” apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, then cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.