This dish is about versatility. You can add pretty much any type of veggies that you like. This recipe serves two but it can easily be doubled.
- 2 servings of rice noodles
- 1 carrot, julienned-sliced really thin
- 1/2 C each of: cucumbers, mushrooms and red pepper, sliced very thin
- 1 C of shredded lettuce or spinach
- 1/4 C of each mint and cilantro or basil leaves, torn
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. of Vegan Fish Sauce (or dried seaweed)
- 1/4 C each of: rice vinegar and water
- 2 Tbsp. each of: sugar and lime juice (fresh is best)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small red chili, finely chopped or 1 tsp of red pepper flakes or hot sauce
- Cook rice noodles according to package.
- Add vegetables and herbs to noodles.
- Mix all sauce ingredients and add to noodle mixture.
- Add bean sprouts, baby corn or any other tender veggies.
- Add pan fried tofu.