Black Bean Beet Burgers - 4 servings
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup each: chopped onion and chopped mushrooms and chopped walnuts (ground)
- 1 large can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup grated raw beet
- 1 tsp each: cumin, chili powder and garlic powder
- Salt & pepper
- olive oil
- Heat a pan on medium heat with a bit of olive oil and add mushrooms and onions, salt & pepper and cook for about 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add beans and mash slightly – needs to have some texture.
- Add mixture to a large bowl and add beets, quinoa, spices and mix.
- Add walnut meal a little at a time until the mixture is thick enough to form into patties. Set in fridge to chill while oven heats up to 375 F. If cooing in pan, just chill for about 15 minutes.
- Put on baking sheet sprayed with a bit of oil and cook for about 30-35 minutes.
- If using a pan, spray with a bit of oil and cook on medium high for about 4 minutes per side
LEMON LIME RECOVERY DRINK
- 4 large dates, pits removed
- 2 cups of water
- 1 Tbsp each: Hemp protein and ground Salba
- 2 Tbsp sprouted buckwheat
- Juice from ½ lemon and lime
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp each: ground dulse flakes, maca and greens powder (chlorella or spirulina)
- Blend all ingredients in a blender.
- Replace Salba with chia seeds or one egg replacement
- Replace dulce flakes with nori or sea vegetable flakes
- Replace maca powder with cacao powder