This elegant looking meal can be put together very easily. Serve with a light salad for a perfect dinner for two.
- 1/2 C of short grain or Arborio (risotto rice) rice
- 1/4 C of each: onion and red pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 C of any type of mushrooms, chopped
- 2 C of fresh baby spinach
- 1 1/2 C of either water or vegetable stock
- 1/2 C of white wine
- 1 tsp tarragon, dried
- salt and pepper
- Place water or stock and wine in a pot and heat up on medium/high heat.
- Add rice, onions, pepper, garlic, tarragon, salt & pepper and 1 cup of liquid (water or stock) to a large pan and cook over medium/high heat, stirring constantly.
- Cook until the liquid has been absorbed (about 10-12 minutes) and then add more of the stock/wine liquid (about 1/2 cup), still stirring until the liquid is almost gone.
- Add chopped mushrooms and more liquid if needed and cook about 3 minutes. Add chopped spinach and stir for another 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Use other vegetables like broccoli, kale, swiss chard, peas, etc.
- Top with vegan Parmesan or a sprinkle of Nutritional Yeast.