The very best part of any dinner is the dessert!! These vegan choices are a perfect ending for your Thanksgiving dinner.
APPLE CRISP – 4 servings
- 4 medium apples, peeled and chopped, sprinkled with a little lime or lemon juice
- ½ cup of walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 1/3 cup each: brown sugar, flour and rolled oats
- 3 Tbsp of Vegan butter or coconut oil
- 1 tsp each: cinnamon, cardamom and nutmeg
- Pinch of sea salt
- Heat oven to 375 F.
- Mix oats, flour, nuts, spices and butter or oil until it becomes crumbly.
- Butter or oil four small ramekins or one large or 8 x 8 baking dish and add apples.
- Add topping, sprinkle with salt, and bake covered for 20 minutes and then uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Use a combination of pears and apples.
- Add ½ cup of raisins in with the apples.
PUMPKIN PIE – SERVES 8
- 2 cups of canned Pureed Pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup full fat Coconut milk
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup each: organic cornstarch and maple syrup
- 1 tsp each: vanilla and cinnamon
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp each: salt and nutmeg
- 1 Store bought vegan pie crust – do not precook
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Add all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix well. You can use a hand mixer.
- Pour the mixture into the pie shell and bake for 60 minutes. The middle should be a bit wobbly.
- Let cool and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Top with Vegan whipped cream and a light sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Serve with Vegan ice cream.
RICE PUDDING – 4-6 servings
- 1 cup of cooked rice (basmati rice works good)
- 2 cups vanilla almond milk
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup each: flaked coconut, raisins and chopped pistachios
- 1 tsp each: cardamom, cinnamon, vanilla
- In a large pan over medium heat cook rice and milk until it starts to boils, turn down and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Increase heat to medium and add coconut milk, sugar, cardamom and cinnamon. Cook until it starts to thicken about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add vanilla, coconut, raisins and pistachios.
- Eat warm or cover with plastic wrap and put in fridge.