You can have this on your table in less than 30 minutes. The recipe makes about four servings so there's lots left for the next day. You can also freeze this.
BLACK BEAN SOUP
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 of each: onion, celery stalk, large carrot, chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. each: chili powder and cumin
- 1 tsp each: salt and pepper
- 3-4 cups of veggie broth or mushroom broth
- 2 large cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 C of frozen organic corn (or canned)
- 1 large can of diced tomatoes
- Heat up oil on medium heat and add onion, celery and carrots. Cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add garlic, spices, salt and pepper, cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add broth, 1 can of beans and tomatoes (with juices) and cook for about 10-15 minutes.
- Blend with an immersion blender or food processor. If it is too thick add more broth.
- Add the last can of beans and the corn and heat for about 3 minutes.
- Top with fresh cilantro or diced avocado
- Add 1 cup of pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling) before blending.